Friday, April 2, 2010

Project Learning: An Overview

In the this video, the projects that are done by the students all seem to qualify as inquiry lessons. These lessons are great ways for process skills to be developed. Students who discover their own knowledge retain that information much better than any other style of teaching.




Currently, I am taking my teaching science course and we have discussed every week the benefits of discovery learning and inquiry. This video just seems to solidify the fact that allowing students to develop their own ideas and skills through investigation. It just makes me think of different projects I want to develop for my future students.

Like I said previously, this could be called Inquiry style of teaching. I will try very hard to use inquiry to allow students to develop their own complex projects. The students will then "create" their own learning which will make a very memorable lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment