Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Week in Rachel's Classroom

Wow! this video about Rachel's Classroom is absolutely amazes me. She uses technology as a teaching tool throughout the entire day. Her classroom seems to be extremely enriching thanks to the technology that is present. I learned that with a little thought and creativity, you can find some way to use technology in every classroom. Those 6 and 7 year olds have more knowledge about technology than most adults ever will.


It's hard for me to find a way to relate this to my childhood experience in school because growing up in a small farm community, the access to the latest technology just wasn't there. The teachers didn't seems to seek out that technology either. I now wish that I would have had a teacher like Rachel somewhere along the way through my education to expose me to the possibilities of technology.
There are endless possibilities when talking about adding technology to a classroom. I personally, do not see myself using alot of technology starting off, but the longer I teach, the more I will integrate it for a larger variety of uses. This video gives so many great examples of how to use technology to create an enriching learning environment for out students.

No comments:

Post a Comment